My inspiration for this round of Music Play Zone is enjoyment! The kids work hard at school, we work hard throughout the day in a variety of settings. Let's get together for 45 minutes every Wednesday in the mid-winter of Cleveland and ENJOY - enjoy one another's company, enjoy friendships, enjoy community, enjoy musicking together!
Many of the songs and games we'll do this sessions are those I learned from Dr. Dale Topp at Calvin College as an undergrad in a course called "Music and Community." Taking the course was a transformative experience - it was what made me decide to go into music education! More about Dale and his approach, "Interactive Music," in coming weeks.
For now, welcome, and may we all - kids and grown-ups - enjoy this session of MPZ together!
This is wonderful. I'll do my best to post and I'm excited to learn more of the process.
ReplyDeleteOn the way home last Wednesday Malcolm and Harry were singing "hi hi the dairy o" in the car.
It is so much fun to watch the class. The kids are grinning from ear to ear. Pure enjoyment.
I meant hi ho. :)
ReplyDelete